Every state is somewhat unique in the way it approaches the end of a marriage, and the laws regarding divorce are constantly shifting in response to social needs. In the not-so-distant past, you couldn’t get divorced without proving that you had the appropriate...
- What counts as non-marital property in an Illinois divorce?
- Do you have to live in separate houses to get a divorce in Illinois?
- Will a dependent spouse get alimony post-divorce in Illinois?
- Can you get divorced in Illinois for any reason?
- When can the Illinois family courts change a parenting plan?